Below are the most recent It Project Management salary reports. It’s important to remember that methodologies and techniques often depend on the industry, company culture, and type of project.
- Among the professionals in the US surveyed by Project Management Institute, the median salary for those holding a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification was $25,000 more than those without .
- We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next.
- The Federal hiring process is set up to be fair and transparent.
- After you submit your complete application package, you will receive a notification informing you that the application you submitted has been received.
- You may be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required or upon selection.
- California pays Information Technology Project Managers the most in the United States, with an average salary of $127,272 per year, or $61.19 per hour.
You will not receive any additional notifications and your resume will not be reviewed for qualifications until a position is requested to be filled. If a request is received to fill a position, applicants will be evaluated to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) will be issued, and applicants will be notified of their status by email. You may be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required or upon selection.
How can Project Manager, Information Technology (IT)s increase their salary?
Among the professionals in the US surveyed by Project Management Institute, the median salary for those holding a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification was $25,000 more than those without . Compare information technology project manager salaries for individual cities or states with the national average. Let’s take a closer look at how much project managers typically make, as well as some of the factors that can influence your salary. Project managers are responsible for planning and executing projects—a critical role in any business.
- If you’re interested in a career in project management, start building a foundation of job-ready skills through the Google Professional Certificate in Project Management.
- While the PMP is certainly a highly-respected credential, it’s not the only one.
- Search thousands of open positions to find your next opportunity.
- As in many industries, higher education can often yield higher pay.
Please help us protect Glassdoor by verifying that you’re a
real person. If you continue to see this
message, please email
to let us know you’re having trouble. Be first to find out about job openings and discover if there’s a career match for you. The 10th annual Hawaiian Airlines Made in Maui County Festival will offer complimentary shuttle service on …
How much does an information technology project manager make?
The size of your organization (and the size of the team you manage) can also play a role in how much you earn each year. In general, the larger the team, the higher the median annual salary for project managers. According to PMI, those working in teams with fewer than five members reported a median salary of $105,000, while those with 20 or more brought in $130,000. As in many industries, how to become a project manager higher education can often yield higher pay. According to Zippia, the majority of project managers—68 percent—have a bachelor’s degree and 14 percent hold a master’s degree . The high fluctuations in pay rate for IT project managers had to do largely with the location of the position, the type of company, and the number of years of experience working in a tech manager role.
The average salary for information technology project managers is $100,468, but that normally requires some level of experience to achieve. Furthermore, a good starting salary for an information technology project manager can vary by state. An information technology project manager gets paid $106,291 a year. However, it ranges https://remotemode.net/ from as high as $158,500 a year to as low as $86,000 a year. Factors like position location, the number of years of experience, and company all impact earning potential. After you submit your complete application package, you will receive a notification informing you that the application you submitted has been received.
Recently added information technology project manager salaries
Information technology project manager salaries typically range between $76,000 and $149,000 yearly. The average hourly rate for information technology project managers is $51.43 per hour. A good starting salary for an information technology project manager is $73,000 in the United States. That puts you in the 10th percentile of annual income for an information technology project manager in the U.S., which is about what you would expect if you were new to the field.
We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference. If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application. California pays Information Technology Project Managers the most in the United States, with an average salary of $127,272 per year, or $61.19 per hour. This content has been made available for informational purposes only.